Friday, March 7, 2008

Hi all

I haven't posted in my blog for a long time. A lot has happen since the last post. My daughter Anda and her husband Pete gave me a super cute grandbaby. Her name is Sidonie and here is a picture of her..

I traveled to New York to see her and I got to take a tour of EtsyLabs while I was there. What a wonderful group of people at the labs and of course they went crazy over the little one.


I've also, since my last post, started another Etsy shop called thebirdsandbees This shop consist of cute patterns, amigurumi, and felted creatures. I've kind of neglected appalachia since I've started the new shop. Mainly, because the new shop is really doing well. Every animal in thebirdsandbees was created by looking at a picture of an animal and deciding what would make a cute toy. As I'm working on the item, I count and write down the stitches and write a pattern. I decided to make a pattern of my animals so I can reproduce the animal over and over again to sell in my shop. Anda told me I should sell the patterns too and the rest is history. The patterns sell very well. The pattern takes longer to write though than the actual animal takes to crochet:) Here is some of my work...

Etsy
Buy Handmade
thebirdsandbees

5 comments:

BackwoodSophisticate said...

What an adorable baby!! Is she in a pouch? Looks like it. Congrats on the beautiful grandbaby!!!

Ivy & Mae said...

congrats on the new baby! She is darling--I love all of her hair! (New shop is great too!)

Shannon said...

Your little animals are so cute! (And so is your granddaughter. :))

MewPaperArts said...

Welcome back to blogging! Big congrats to you on your little princess! She is a darling! You will have tons of fun crocheting and felting new toys for her!

Allison said...

Good baby photo - someone's photogenic!